But, I do love the XM radio because they play the best music earlier in the morning. And another good thing is..... you don't feel bad about listening to all the "classics", singing along and acting like an idiot because NO sane person is on the road at that time! =) The 80's and 90's were on my channel switching this morning.
So THANK YOU 80's & 90's for a little bit of this...
N' Sync: I want you back
Enrique Iglesias: Bailamos
M.J: Billie Jean
Lindsay Buckingham : Holiday Road (Think National Lampoons European Vacation)
Debbie Gibson: Only in my Dreams
Varsity Club: Future Love
That was my morning jam session!
So I have my serious StAnK face on today! I think ... no wait I know this job is burning me out.
I know, I know you are probably thinking how hard could it be to be an Admin. Assistant (receptionist) at a Dental Office?!? Well lemme tell you it's more then that... .honestly!
Here is a handful of my daily crappolla...
~ Have to deal with mean patients who:
- Don't like to wait and huff and puff at me because their Hygienist is 2 mins late on bringing them back
- Don't like to fill out new Health History's (Just FYI... it's mandatory we have a new one every year, we can get fined if it isn't updated)
~ Travel Planner:
- This is a new thing for me..... (3 years)
- This is not in my job description or at least it wasn't until 3 years ago
- I am seriously thinking about looking into becoming a certified Travel Agent, just so I can get the Doctor better deals!
- I have to have my own Day Book with all of his travel plans. I have book everything! Seminars, Flights, Hotels, Cars.... map quest everything from Airport to Hotel..... Hotel to Conference Center etc.
- Who don't think it's necessary to call back to confirm their appointments... I call for a reason!
- Don't pick up your phone when I call, but then call me right back as I am leaving a message on their voicemail. And then I get "I just missed a call from you?" Ummm... listen to your voicemail!
- Or when I have to cancel appointments due to the Hygienist or Doctor not being here, I call and give patients a heads up. What bugs me is that they don't listen to their messages!! For example last week, the hygiene schedule fell apart, I called the last patient the day before (in the morning) letting her know that we needed to reset due to the schedule. What happens.... the patient came in... I kindly asked if she got my message I had left for her and she says "You know what, I did... I just didn't listen to the whole message, because I just thought you were confirming it."
- Ghetto Queen Assistant:....... get off Facebook, and do your work! Your the assistant, you shouldn't have time to sit on your ass.
- Office Manager: Love ya, but it isn't my job to go over financial issues with patients. Also isn't my job to go over their lengthy treatment plan!
- Hygienist: No complaints there.......
- Me: I can be on the computer because I am on it all day.... plus I read and type blogs while I am calling 60 + patients a day and answering the phones. =) And dealing with crazy people who actually thought it was okay to use Clorox Bleach to whiten their teeth! (True story)
- And one more thing..... I am not the office bitch...you see the water cooler is out of water GO GET A NEW ONE! It needs to be changed, and I refuse to change it! Since both the Hygienist and the Assistant have told me today that it was out of water!
Which leads us to this.....I am seriously thinking about going back to school. Call me crazy, but I would love to be a Teacher..... or Interior Designer. But I don't really know what I want to do so that causes a problem. (Yes, I do it's actually to win the lotto but that hasn't happened yet)
I've decided that tonight I will be starting up my 4 mile walk again. I seriously miss my size 4/6 jeans! I figured since Chris is out to sea for pretty much the whole month of November, that this would be the perfect time to start it up again.
Hope all you lovelies are having a splendid Tuesday!